The COMET is a new transit system with new energy and new leadership. And from mechanics to drivers and from planners to board members, we don’t believe in running a public transit system that’s boring and stale.
In fact, we think The COMET should be the ride of choice. It doesn’t matter if it’s the daily commute, socializing with friends while traveling from destination to destination, or visiting the area’s many attractions. For less than two bucks, The COMET can take you pretty much anywhere you want to go in the Midlands. And, we’re working hard to increase the number of routes and vehicles that take you there. Here’s just some of what’s in store for the near future:
- Real-time bus locators, free WiFi and apps
- As many as 30 more routes people want to ride
- New park-and-ride and limited-stop express services
- A new downtown circulation system
- New rural transit systems
- Creating a 100% alternative fuel fleet
So, take a look around our website and then take a ride on The COMET. We’re determined to change how The Midlands views “the bus.”
And if you’re interested in helping build a world-class transit system from the ground up, you may also be interested in working for us.