FARES – Effective: January 28, 2019
The COMET Fixed Route Fares
The COMET will no longer sell Basic and Discount 5-Day All Access Pass and 10-Ride Passes or DART Tokens. All sales are final and NO REFUNDS will be given.
|Description||Full Fare (Basic)||Discount Fare*||Commuter Express Fare
(44X, 92X, 93X)
|All Day Pass||$4.00||$2.00||$6.00|
($2.00 per day)
($1.00 per day)
($4.00 per day)
($2.00 per day)
($1.00 per day)
($4.00 per day)
|Route Deviation Fare on Flex Routes or Express Fare Up-Charge||+$2.00||+$1.00||N/A|
|Transfer (60 minutes only)
Requires COMET Card
- DART eligible customers ride free with DART ADA ID Card.
- Interlined routes do not require an additional fare.
- The COMET employees, Board Members and Transit Operations Contractor employees ride free.
- Children through 15 years old ride free. Children taller than 39 inches through 15 years old must have a The COMET Half Fare ID Card to ride free.
- SWRTA and Fairfield County Transit System customers with a transfer receive one free transfer on The COMET. The COMET customers with a DayPass or Transfer receive on free transfer on SWRTA at joint stops only.
- Children age 10 years old or older can ride unattended. Children under 10 years old must have a fare paying passenger age 16 years old or older.
- Class Pass – $45.00 (Up to 5 adults and 40 students @ $1.00 per ride). Purchase in advance by emailing
- The COMET Half Fare ID Card – first card is free, lost card fee is $5.00.
- One Personal Care Attendant (PCA) rides free. All other companions pay fare for their category.
- COMETCard – $2.00 for first card, $5.00 for lost card. Use for transfers between buses and to load 1-Day, 7-Day and 31-DayPasses.
- U-Passes are available during Spring (January 1 to May 31), Summer (May 1 to August 31) and Fall (August 1 to December 31) semester.
- Spring and Fall U-Passes are $80.00 and decrease $20.00 each month.
- Summer U-Passes are $60.00 and decrease $20.00 each month.
- Proof of college enrollment required.
- Passes are only sold at the Transit Center.
*Qualifying identification for Discount fare includes:
· Seniors age 65 & older (Senior Driver’s License/State ID Card)
· Persons with Disabilities (The COMET Half Fare ID Card)
· Veterans (Military ID Card or VA Veterans ID Card)
· Medicare Card Holders
· Youth 16 to 18 years old with The COMET Half Fare ID Card
|Description||Within the ADA fixed route zone of 3/4 mile on either side of The COMET route|
|10-RidePass||$40.00 ($4.00 per ride)|
|Buddy Fare (5 or more fare paying eligible passengers traveling from/to same location)||$2.00 per person|
- Passengers must be ADA certified or a companion to ride DART.
- DART ADA ID Card – First card free, lost card fee – $5.00.
- One Personal Care Attendant (PCA) rides free. All other companions pay same fare as eligible passenger.
- Those boarding and alighting within 3/4 mile radius of the Soda Cap Connector Routes 1, 2, 3 and/or 4 can ride DART for free.
All passes for The COMET are available at COMET Central at the corner of Sumter and Laurel Street also on our website by clicking the Purchase Passes button above.
COMET Central Customer Service Hours:
Weekdays from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Weekends from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Passes purchased online will be shipped the next business day by United States Postal Service using the delivery address entered for this transaction by the purchaser. The COMET hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Orders received after 5:00 p.m. on Friday will be mailed on the following Tuesday.
- Cash, commuter checks (No personal or business checks accepted), and major credit/debit cards are accepted at the Transit Center.
- The COMET does not replace or offer refunds for lost, stolen or damaged transit passes.
- The COMET does not assume responsibility or liability for passes that are lost during shipping.
- Use of reduced fare passes will require valid identification at the time of boarding.
All Day, 7 Day and 31 Day regular fare passes are available at the following Piggly Wiggly grocery stores from the Customer Service counter. Piggly Wiggly accepts, cash, Greenbax, or credit/debit cards.
6325 N. Main St. 3818 Devine Street
Columbia, SC Columbia, SC
Passes may also be purchased with CASH ONLY at these locations:
Eastover Town Hall
624 Main Street
Eastover, SC 29044
Springdale Town Hall
2915 Platt Springs Road
West Columbia, SC 29170
Midlands Technical College – Beltline Campus (U-Passes Only)
316 S Beltline Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29205
Columbia Visitor Center (1-Day Passes Only)
1120 Lincoln Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Purchasing Passes By App or Mail:
- Please call 803-255-7135 or email (email@example.com) at least 48 hours in advance to place your order.
- Discounts available for non-profits and large pass orders.
- Donations are available for non-profit organizations. Please call 803-255-7135 for more details.
Eligible persons may get The COMET Half-Pass ID for free to use with Half-Fare Passes including All-day, 7-day, and 31-day passes. Half-Pass eligible passengers include veterans, seniors (65+), youth (ages 16 and 18), Medicare card holders, and persons with disabilities. Appropriate documentation is required to receive The COMET Half-Pass ID. The COMET ID’s Are Made at the Transit Center during operating hours or at 3613 Lucius Road, Columbia by appointment. Call 803-255-7133, option 5 to make an appointment.
How To Pay Your Fare:
Click here to download an information sheet on how to pay your fare.
Pass Donation Program:
Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for processing.