The COMET frequently hires local and national businesses to work on projects that improve our fleet and increase services for our ridership. Projects include everything from building renovation and construction to vehicle maintenance, from operations management to marketing initiatives.
The Procurement Specialist at The COMET serves as the connection between various The COMET departments and companies wishing to bid on projects and provide their goods or services.
Here is a general overview of the procurement process:
- The COMET department heads determine a need for goods or services and submit their requirements to the procurement staff.
- The COMET posts a notice on this website to solicit bids from interested companies. We may also directly contact vendors whom we think may be qualified.
- Companies prepare and submit their bids and project proposals.
- An appointed evaluation committee evaluates all bids.
- The evaluation committee makes a recommendation as to which company should be awarded the project and sends the recommendation to the Executive Director and the The COMET Board for approval.
- The COMET sends a purchase order or contract to the winning company, and work begins.
Contact Virginia Goodson, Procurement Specialist at 803.255.7137 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review our procurement policy: Procurement-Contract-Administration-Policy
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program
When choosing vendors and suppliers to work with us, The COMET strives to establish a level playing field for the various businesses that compete for the taxpayer dollars we spend. Your business might qualify for this program. We list project advertisements below, and the cover sheet of each advertisement will say if that particular projects falls under the DBE Program.
Contact Dr. Arlene Prince, Director of Regulatory Compliance and Civil Rights Officer at 803.255.7129 or email: email@example.com
Should you want to pursue business opportunities with Transdev, please visit their website.