Take The COMET On The Go! Partnership with Lyft
Effective June 1, 2020, the following changes to The COMET On The Go is in effect:
1. Uber is temporarily participating in the program. Details here: http://catchthecometsc.gov/whats-new/the-comet-on-the-go-and-uber . Lyft will be the only provider of this program once the partnership ends with Uber.
2. COMET To The Market trips are only available between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week.
3. 2 trips a week maximum can be made on COMET To The Market.
4. You must board or alight in a “Food Desert” area AND an eligible grocery store in order to use the program. The geofencing has been reduced to ensure that users are going to a grocery store. To see if you live in a “Food Desert” area, click here: https://gis.dhec.sc.gov/fooddesert/
The COMET is helping you go around the Columbia Metropolitan Area easily! The COMET will pay up to $5.00 for ridesharing trips that start and end in The COMET fixed route service area on Lyft through the following two programs:
- COMET @ Night: Seven days a week between 9 p.m. and 3 a.m., apply the promo code which are available on board the inside of The COMET buses to get the up to $5.00 discount.
- COMET To The Market: Seven days a week between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m., apply the promo code COMETMARKET20 on Lyft and your trip must originate or end at the following fresh food markets:
- Walmart & Walmart Neighborhood Market
- The Fresh Market
- Whole Foods Market
- Blossom Shop
- Food Lion
- Gourmet Shoppe
- La Estrella Supermarket
- Lowe’s Fresh Food
- Ole Timey Meat Market
- Piggy Wiggly
- Rosewood Market & Deli
- Sam’s Club
- State Farmer’s Market
- Trader Joes
- Supermercado El Mariachi
COMET To The Market can only be used twice a week per passenger. Anything over $5.00 is the responsible of the passenger. The code must be entered to receive the discount. You can only use COMET To The Market, if you board or alight in a food desert area AND a grocery store.
To get started, please download the Lyft app from App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android). If you do not have a smartphone or require mobility device access, please call (803) 255-7124 to request service.
For additional information, call (803) 255-7100 or Download the FAQ Sheet.