Accessibility on The COMET
How is The COMET Accessible?
- Fixed-route buses are specially designed to provide access to all passengers and The COMET buses have the ability to kneel, which lowers the first step height at the front door. Just ask the driver!
- The COMET buses are also equipped with hydraulic lifts or ramps that allow persons with mobility limitations to board. Passengers using wheelchairs, walkers or crutches, as well as passengers with other mobility limitations, may use the lift by simply notifying the bus driver before boarding the bus.
- The lifts can accommodate mobility devices that meet ADA guidelines.
- Each lift is located at the rear doors of the bus or the front of the bus, depending on the bus type.
- Wheelchair securing devices are located directly across the aisle from the rear door or behind the driver's seat.
- Each bus has two restraint devices designed to secure wheelchairs while the bus is in motion.
- Seats located over the restraints fold up to allow wheelchairs to be secured.
- Drivers will help secure wheelchairs.
Read the reasonable modification policy
If you have reasonable modifications, route or schedule questions, please call the information line at: (803) 255-7100 (open daily from from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.) or email email@example.com.
For information regarding DART service, please call (803) 255-7123.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding ADA-related services, please contact us at 803-255-7129 or use our contact form. If you have an ADA-related complaint, please fill out our ADA Complaint Form below.